There have been so many weird and wonderful news reports and blog articles over the past couple of days that I can’t keep up with them all. I figured I’d post links to some of them here, and let you explore those that interest you. In no particular order:
- Clint Smith, of Thunder Ranch (under whom I’ve trained multiple times), talks about ammunition and gunfights. Money quote: “I’ve never heard anyone complain about having too much ammunition in a fight.”
- I had to laugh at the Conservative Treehouse’s glee over President Trump’s most recent burst of activity. They seem to be enjoying themselves over there.
- Suddenly I’m hungry: “Vietnam Sets Guinness Record for World’s Largest Bowl of Instant Phở“. We have a Vietnamese restaurant in town. Lunch today? Hmmm . . .
- Nose art on World War II US aircraft – note, NSFW!!!
- Borepatch shows us how it takes only 5 seconds to install a credit card skimmer. Having had our credit card details stolen three times in the past two years, Miss D. and I are on the lookout for that sort of thing. This is eye-opening.
- Here are the reasons Millennials don’t ride motorcycles. One of my favorites: “It’s too hard to take selfies while riding.”
- Using “telepathy, drumming and energy” to get a cougar out of the house. Personally, I think she was lucky not to end up on the cougar’s menu. Sheesh!
- How health insurers are collecting every possible detail about you, and how this could affect your rates. Karl Denninger warns that “They will not stop peacefully“, because of the money involved.
There’s your light reading for the morning. More soon!