A few articles caught my eye over the past few days relating to firearms and self-defense issues. I thought I’d throw the links up here for those of my readers who may be interested.
- Shooting Drill – ‘The Humbler’. Greg Ellifritz gives us a course of fire that may look slow and easy in parts, but can be brutally humbling (hence the name).
- “Don’t talk to the police” — good advice? Kathy Jackson highlights the pitfalls with this popularly recommended tactic after a defensive shooting, and offers some alternative thoughts.
- H&K and Backwards Bullets: The Real Story. How H&K got egg on their faces at the 2004 Shot Show. I wonder if the guy responsible ever got fired?
- An Army Of Knife Experts Share Tips On Choosing The Best Survival Knife. It’s certainly a lot of food for thought. I’m an African boy, and as such I was brought up with a strong bias towards K.I.S.S., so I’ll second Tim MacWelch’s advice. Click over there to read it for yourself.
- FBI 9MM Justification. From September last year, an explanation of why the FBI has retreated from the .40 S&W round and is adopting the 9mm. Parabellum as its issue cartridge.